sponsor a child
vineyard christian school sponsorship program
We have 67 children waiting for sponsorship. If you’re not partial to a specific child, just click below to begin sponsoring any child.
uniforms, shoes, school supplies
so much more
What does my $35 cover?
How will I communicate with my child?
Under His Umbrella
13061 Rosedale Hwy G-302
Bakersfield, CA 93314
How will my child communicate with me?
How often should I write my child?
What should I write about?
– Describe your family
– Explain holidays and family customs
– Talk about important events — weddings, graduation, trips, new jobs, holidays, etc.
– Tell about the daily activities of your life
– Talk about an important life lesson you have learned or are learning
– Describe how you overcame a challenge or met a goal
– Share your favorite Bible stories and verses
– Share about your church and the various ways you serve Christ
– Remind your child that you pray for him or her regularly
– Answer specific questions your child has mentioned in his or her letters
– Share your prayer requests and praise reports
– Remind them that God loves him or her and has a great plan for his or her life
What topics should I avoid writing about?
Other topics would be:
– Discussing material aspects of your life (e.g., the size of your home or the kind of car you drive)
– Sending photos that show your possessions
– Sharing your personal info such as home address, email address or telephone numbers
– Using colloquialisms and slang
If the sponsorship coordinator feels that your letter and/or photos contain the above potentially harmful topics, we will contact you.
Can I communicate with my child via social media?
Can I send a package to my child?
We do have hygiene kits and food baskets available on the website for gifting. These packages were designed with the needs of the children and their families in mind. If you choose to purchase one or both, they will be delivered to your child’s home. This is something that can be repeated as often as you feel led. The hygiene kit costs $15. This kit includes a toothbrush, toothpaste, washing soap (3), bathing soap (4), Vaseline (4 small containers), toilet paper (4 rolls), handkerchiefs (2), socks (2 pair), and underwear (4 pair). The food basket costs $20. This will include items such as rice, beans, small fish, oil, sugar, etc. The contents may vary depending on the availability and specific family needs.
To give one of these items, go to our Donate page.